The Orana Parents and Friends Association (P&F) is a separately incorporated association, which belongs to the parents, teachers and staff of Orana. The P&F is a vital part of the Orana community. It offers parents opportunities to meet each other and share information and to become more involved with their school through a number of community-building events and fundraising activities.
The P&F is run by an Executive Committee of volunteers from the school community and is also directly responsible for the Orana P&F Shop, a store of events equipment as well as the organisation of Class Coordinators.
The P&F supports a number of school community activities and events such as the Craft ‘n’ Cafe, Community Markets, Autumn Picnic, Birthday Dinner and the Spring Fair.
Orana parents and teachers are automatically members of the Association and are welcome at any of the General Meetings held monthly at the school.
For more information please email [email protected] (Please note that an email sent to this address will be received by all members of the P&F Executive Committee).
Community Markets run from 3:00pm until 4:00pm. The dates for markets in 2017 are:
Friday, 24 March (hosted by Class 2)
Friday, 5 May (hosted by Class 7)
Friday, 26 May (hosted by Class 5)
Friday, 28 July (hosted by Class 3)
Friday, 15 September (hosted by Class 1)
Friday, 27 October (hosted by Class 6)
The P&F Shop
The P&F Shop is staffed by volunteers and sells a wide range of beautiful and lovely things.
Open Hours (During the School term):
Morning – Wednesday to Friday only
8.45am – 9.30am
Afternoons – Monday to Friday
2.45pm – 3.30pm
Get Involved with the Orana Steiner School P&F Association
Did you know?
- - All parents are members of the P&F.
- - The P&F coordinates and operates all the fundraising activities at Orana, including the Spring Fair and Community Markets.
- - The P&F has raised literally thousands of dollars over the years, all of which is used to directly benefit your child’s education.
- - There are lots of opportunities to get involved, contribute to your school and earn Community Hours.
Whatever your talent, interest and time availability, we have a role for you! In 2016 we have also introduced an opportunity for interested people to become involved in an unofficial capacity to "shadow" more experienced Committee members as a means to ensure succession planning. If you are interested in discussing this or joining the Committee, please contact the President, Stephen Alegria, on 0429 995 173.
Community Meeting - all welcome.
All meetings held 6.30pm - 9:00pm in the Staff Centre:
Wednesday, 22 March (AGM)
Wednesday, 22 November
- - P&F Minutes - 14 September 2016
- P&F Minutes - 10 August 2016
- - P&F Minutes - 11 May 2016
- - P&F Minutes - 10 February 2016
- - P&F Minutes - 9 March 2016
- - P&F Minutes - 18 November 2015
- - P&F Minutes - 21 October 2015
- - P&F Minutes - 22 July 2015
- - P&F Minutes - 13 May 2015 (2)
- - P&F Minutes - 13 May 2015
- - P&F Minutes - 8 April 2015
- - P&F Minutes - 11 February 2015